Pages

Saturday 4 January 2014

New Year's finishes

We have had absolutely fabulous weather these last few days, with the unheated (!) pool getting to 32degC this afternoon! My absolutely most favourite time of the year! 


We bought a wicker set for the fale at the pool so the hammock finally needed a bag for when it's down:


Following Svetlana's tutorial on http://sotakhandmade.blogspot.com/, this little drawstring bag, slightly enlarged from her version, now keeps our Mexican Hammock tangle-free.

Our boys have outgrown their dinosaur print Venetian blinds, and when we looked around Spotlight last week, we couldn't find what we were looking for. We ended up buying a roller blind replacement set (basically a cardboard roll with spring inside and attachments) and with a bit of trial and error, I came up with this Make 1:


I bought the fabric at Ikea in July, and it definitely needs lining still - Suz and I had look and we think buying some black lining would be best (it's great to have your friend just up the road!!!). It needs to come down a bit more once we have bought some anchor bolts. I am not overly fond of seeing the roll when the blind is down, but I wanted the width; I have seen some box-type covers before, will go and check at the hardware store.
Once it's all done = Make 2, we will let the other boys choose if they want this style, too :)

I have a bit of work to do, but I hope I get my Subway blocks done before I go back to work! And then there's the quilting of Fireworks, and the Hands.... No rest for the wicked!

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love to know you were here!