Pages

Sunday 27 November 2011

My First Quilt


On Leeann's site I saw the post about linking to Bonnie Hunter's First Quilts! - here is mine:


My very first quilting project was a Crazy Patchwork kit from Spotlight which still is a UFO. But shortly after that I joined a Beginners Sampler Class at Grandmother's Garden in Gordonton (Hamilton) run by Ngaire Brooks (started in Jan 2006). My youngest was just moving out of the cot, so I knew I wanted to make it for him. As in all beginner sampler courses, Ngaire introduced us to a variety of techniques incl. paper piecing etc. While I wasn't too bad at it, I have never felt compelled to go back to handwork. My biggest challenge at the time were accurate cutting and accurate 1/4' seams - my old machine had no such foot and my eye wasn't all that good even with tape markings. Regardless, he still sleeps under it, though the new dinosaur quilt will be for him, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love to know you were here!